Views in Talloires

Friday, May 1, 2015

How I learned of the MacJannet Realm: Jerri Husch meeting Charlotte MacJannet

Jerri Husch - tea with Charlotte MacJannet
I met Mrs. MacJannet when I was a professor of Sociology at Tufts and taught "International Drug Policy" at Talloires. I would walk up to her cottage and we would talk about the power of nature and the healing plants

and herbs that were growing in the fields and the mountain forests.

When I moved to Geneva in 1992 to work for the WHO, I used to visit Mrs. McJannet for tea and we would have wonderful conversations about life, education, music and the role of movement in health as well as a variety of esoteric topics. I loved her straightforward-ness and her willingness to explore new ideas and ways of thinking. I felt that she was the kind of grandmother/senior/grand dame that had a depth of spirit and an easy elegance that I deeply respected and admired. I loved her for her courage and integrity---and feel she is still "looking after her kids".....

No comments:

Post a Comment